Let’s agree that many of us still have our inhibitions when it comes to sex toys, often because we have never used one. In a time when 50 Shades of Grey is making millions, there’s no reason why you shouldn’t explore toys and fetish items. Of course, it is important to start right, which is why we bring a list of tips and suggestions that may come handy while buying a sex toy.
Okay, there are a bunch of sex toys out there, and if you check websites like Pleasures ‘N’ Treasures, the options can be really overwhelming. To sum up things, you can divide sex toys into five categories-
- These, as the name indicates, vibrate to create stimulation and can be used for both internal and external purposes.
- These are more like replicas of real penises, best used for penetrative sex.
- Nipple toys. Stimulating the nipple can create variety of feelings, and nipple toys are designed for that. You will find clamps in this category.
- Penis rings. Also known as cock rings, these are basically rings that help in restricting the blood flow to the penis, which prolongs the erection.
- Anal toys. The final segment is anal toys, which can include butt plugs and anal trainers.
What to buy?
If you are just starting out, vibrators are the best of all. You can find these in most stores, and there are bunch of sizes to choose from. Some of the best vibrators can be used for both clitoral stimulation and penetrative fun. It is always best to go slow with new sex toys, because it is more about the experience. In case you want to try something on the rear, the best choice is a butt plug. You can go for the smaller ones that also have a flared base, which allows you to pull out the product. Anal trainers have two or more plugs of different sizes, which can be used in succession as you get comfortable. Coming to nipple trainers or clamps, these can be an acquired taste, but unless you have tried something, it is hard to decide if the whole thing is worth the money.
Make a shortlist and check online for product options. Find more about the purpose of the product, how it should be used and simple things that can make the process enjoyable.